Copper is an essential mineral of our body. According to Ayurveda storing water overnight in a copper jug and drinking it first thing in the morning may maintain good health.
Do you remember the days when our elders used to throw coins in rivers for religious reasons ? In old times the coins were made up of only copper and by throwing coins in rivers the copper get dissolved in water. Thus it can improve the health of people as rivers were the major source for drinking water. But now-a-days coins are made up of stainless steel.
Let’s Check out some other amazing benefits of copper vessel water.
- Copper Supplement : Copper is essential to the proper functioning of organs and metabolic processes. Our body cannot synthesise copper so the human diet must supply regular amounts for absorption. Drinking water from copper vessel completes of daily requirement of copper.
- Digestive system performs better: According to Ayurveda, if you want to detox your stomach, drink a large glass of water that has been stored in a copper vessel, early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Heals wounds faster: It’s anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties, it is no wonder that copper is a great way to heal wounds quickly.
- Helps weight loss: When your digestion is good your metabolism boost up and you will loose weight.
- It has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Scrub the vessel and rub the half lemon all over it.
- Leave it for a min .
- Rub again and rinse.
How to Use it?
- Fill the mug in night.
- Leave for 8-10 hours.
- Drink a glass full on empty stomach.
Thats it ! only that much amount of copper your body needs. Once a day is enough.
Please like us on Facebook 🙂
The Summer is arriving….. and now we’ll all start buying new set of bottles for fridge or some of us will head towards storeroom to get the last years fridge bottles. But, Do we know how harmful these plastic bottles are? unless they are BPA free.
Lets try Earthen pot (matka, matki, surahi) this time.
For generations, earthen pots or matkis have been used to store water and keep it cool. Water stored in matkis is cooled to the temperature of the water which is ideal for drinking – not too warm and not too chilled.
Here are few benefits of drinking matki cooled water this summer :
- Metabolism : Yes, you read it right, drinking matki water daily can help us boost our metabolism without adding dangerous chemicals like BPA which are present in Plastic bottles .
- pH balance : Matki’s earthen nature provides a proper pH balance as clay pots are alkaline in nature , which helps in acidity and gastronomic pains.
- Gentle On Throat : We all remember the times when our elders used to scold us for drinking chilled water after coming from direct sun. They might have asked to have normal water or matki water instead . Water stored in matkis is cooled naturally and to the temperature which is ideal for drinking.
- Improves Testosterone level: Clay pot water drinking can very well improve the level of testosterone in your body when compared water stored in plastic.
Some precautions to be used while using clay pot water.
- Keep your earthen pot germ-free by cleaning and then drying the clay pot . You should make sure that you change the water stored in it regularly and clean the earthen pot once in 3 days.
- The breeze will help keep your water cool down quickly.
- Keep the clay pot covered at all times to prevent insects, dust and other contaminants from falling into it.
- Use a clean, long-handled ladle.
Please like us on Facebook 🙂